Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Demo and Rental Bikes
Fresh Bikes for Rental
Renting a bike at Orange Peel a refreshing experience. By stocking a wide variety of rental and demo bikes, we make riders of all ages, sizes, and styles happy! Looking to wheelie to the donut shop? Hoping to drag grandma and the kids down the bike path during your Steamboat vacation? Want to check out our local mountain bike trails on a high-end demo bike? We have you covered.
Here's the rental process:
- Check bike options and rates below. Decide on your sweet rig, tuned and ready to ride.
- Read the Bike Rental Details below. They are important.
- Standard Rental Bikes are first come, first served.
- If renting a Premium Demo Bike, reserve your bike by calling 970.879.2957 or email [email protected]. or walk in and see what we have available!
- Get ahead of the game: fill out the required waiver WAIVER LINK HERE
Premium Demo Bikes
Are you looking for a high performance bike to enjoy while visiting northwest Colorado? Thinking about purchasing a new bike, but would like to test ride a few first? The delicious demos at Orange Peel are what you are looking for! We offer some of the tastiest bicycles available, in varying levels of awesomeness to meet your needs! Reservations recommended.
Premium Demo Rates
|Half Day||$60 / 4 hrs|
|Full Day||$100 / 24 hrs|
|Weekly||$549 / 7 days|
Premium Demo Bike Fleet
*Bike availability subject to change without notice*
STANDARD RENTAL BIKES
We carry an excellent selection of rental bikes for all purposes to outfit your Steamboat Springs vacation. Standard Bike Rentals are first come, first served. Sorry, NO RESERVATIONS on standard rentals. Fleet includes Including Hardtail Mountain Bikes, Fat Bikes, Road Bikes, BMX, Cruisers, Kid Bikes. All are tuned and ready to ride.
Rates for Standard Bike Rentals
|Half Day||$35 / 4 hrs|
|Full Day||$59 / 24 hrs|
|Weekly||$349 / 7 days|
Standard Rental Bike Fleet
|Salsa Timberjack 27.5+ Hardtail MTB||Fatbikes: Salsa, Pivot, Moots|
|Transition Trans Am Hardtail MTB||Free Agent BMX Youth|
|Salsa Timberjack Youth 20+" & 24+"||KHS TC100 Town Bike|
|Kona Hula Youth||Kona Dew Plus Town Bike|
|Kona Makena Youth||Vintage Cruisers - Assorted|
BIKE TRAILER and CHILD TRAILER RENTALS
- B.O.B. Yak+ Cargo Trailer
- Burley Bee Child Trailers
||$20 / 4 hrs|
|Full Day||$25 / 24 hrs|
|Weekly||$125 / 7 days|
All Bike Rental Details
- All rentals include a helmet
- Locks are available upon request
- Our coveted souvenir water bottles are 50% off with a rental
DEMO RENTAL SPECIFICS
- Reservations recommended. Call 970.879.2957 or email [email protected].
- All demo costs (up to a maximum of $750) may be applied to the purchase of a new bike - some restrictions apply:
- Demo cost credit must be used during the same calendar year
- Demo costs may only be applied towards new bike purchase
- Demo cost credits are non-transferable, and are per person, per style of bike (i.e. The premium downhill bike your grandma rallied won't apply to a hybrid bike purchase for you!)
- Sorry, NO REFUNDS
RESERVATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- Standard Bike Rentals are first come, first served - Sorry, NO RESERVATIONS.
- Reservations recommended for Premium Demo bikes during holidays and big events
- Reservations require prepayment of our full, single day rate for each bicycle being rented.
- Cancellations require 48 hours notice, or NO REFUNDS.
- Unless other arrangements have been made, bikes must be dropped off 1 hour before closing on the last day of your rental.
- We will make an imprint of a credit card for a deposit on the equipment.
- Your rental must be paid in full before leaving the shop.
- Damage and excessive wear to the bikes is your responsibility. We recommend our damage waiver program for those who are prone to accidents.
OPTIONAL DAMAGE WAIVER PROTECTION
Our OPTIONAL damage protection waiver is an inexpensive way to feel confident when you rent and demo our bikes. The cost is $25 per bike to be purchased before you ride, and applies to the entire duration of your rental. It covers any damage to the bike up to $499 retail value, and any damage above this amount you are responsible for just 50% of the retail price. (This includes a total loss, such as from a bike flying off the roof of your car!) We highly recommend this added protection, as most of the damage to our bikes has historically been items covered completely, such as bent wheels, broken derailleurs, and slashed tires. And please remember, regardless of whether you purchase damage protection or not, YOU are ultimately responsible for the bike you rent.